Sunday 7 February 2016

Seetha desperate and dejected

Vinatha ,a demon,told Seetha to stop praising Raama.Too much in anything is not good.It would lead to sorrow.What all you said is nice till now.Now ,hear our words and accept Raavana and enjoy life as queen of Lanka.Other wise,we are going to eat you alive.Vikata,another demon threatened like this.Seetha! Why are you crying?What is the use of it?Would any one come to rescue you?Leaving hoping that Raama would come and save you.Become Raavanaas wife and be happy.Another demon took a spear and came towards Seetha speedily saying that her meat would be delicious.Another demon,Prabhava told her colleagues to squeeze her throat and kill her.Then they would go to Raavana and tell him that Seetha is dead.Then he would automatically tell them to eat her away.Another demon suggested that Seetha be cut into many pieces and they should all eat her and enjoy by drinking wine and dancing at Nikumbhila. Seetha was like a deer among pack of wolves.She held on to a branch and thinking of Raama.She was sorrowful.She remembered Lakshmana,Kousalya,Dumithra and other relatives.She was talking within herself.If it is not our time,even death will evade us.How can I live even after being distanced from Raama?Just because I am a sinner,I am unable to see Raama.Only great people can see Raama.I might have committed great sins in my earlier lives.I can not live any more.Even death will not come to us when we want.I am not even free to die without the permission of my husband.What a life am I leading?She was mentally imbalanced and crying rolling on the ground. I am in such a despicable condition.I am alive even though Raama is not with me.hey demons!I can not control my sorrow any more.Please kill me and do me that favor.However you may try and threaten me I would not touch Raavana even with my left toes.There is no use trying your tricks on me.If not for my bad luck,Raama would have already come here and saved me.He killed so many demons.Killing Raavana is no great task for him.It is true that there is sea in between.But it is not a factor to be worried for him.His arrows are so powerful they can cross anything.May be he does not know I am here.Jataayuvu could have told him about me.He was killed by Raavana.If at all Raama learns about my being here,he would definitely smash both Lanka and Raavana. Seetha started cursing Lanka and its inmates.Just as I weeping now,in every house in this city women would weep for having lost their husbands.soon,vultures would land in the city of Lanka to eat at the dead bodies of the demons.Entire Lanka would become a burial ground.I am sure to hear lamenting from each household.I can already see indications of it.Time gap which Raavana gave me is going to end soon.That sinner might even kill me one day.Even if I want to die ,there is no one to give me poison here.How can I stay alive without seeing Raama for so long?How can they know that I am stranded here.They would have searched all through the places.How can they remain silent without searching for me?Would they have left me for my fate? Definitely not!They could not have found out that I am here.May be he could not digest the fact that I am not with him and might have died.He might have gone to heaven!all the deities are lucky because they all can see Raama now.No! No! No! Raama is definitely alive.May be he is like raajarshi,a sage.What do they about wives absence,when they have hugged philosophy?Anyone would remember love and affection as long as we are present,in our absence that love is lost and is no more.This saying is appropriate only in the case of ungrateful people.Raama is not one among them.Is it that Raama and Lakshmana started eating tubers and roots,moving around the forests,leaving their weapons...had become rishis or sages?Or,may be Raavana killed them both by tricking them. I can no longer live without Raama.How great are those who minimise difference between liking and unliking and are consistant.I salute them.I cannot live in the presence of wicked Raavana.I will die.All the demons surrounding Seetha heard these words.Some of them to tell about her decision to Raavana.Some others dashed at her to threaten her some more.an old demon,Thrijata ,was sleeping near by till then. she woke up with a start hearing the words of demons.She scolded demons for their rash behaviour and started telling them about her dram.

No comments:

Post a Comment