Sunday 8 May 2016

Vibheeshana performs last rites to Raavana

Raama advised Vibheeshana to send women into the city and perform last rites to Raavana.Vibheeshana replied him.Hey lord!would it be apt if I perform last rites to the sinner.Raavana is an enemy to me in the form of a brother.Even if the people blameme that I am a bad brother for not having performed last rites,they would realise I am right.Because they would remeber the atrocities done by my brother and side me.Raama felt happy hearing Vibheeshanaas words.He answered him?King of demons!Iwon this war with your help.I will give you a good advice.hear it.It is true that Raavana has committed sins and crimes.But we should not also forget that he is a great warrior.We should not continue our enmity once the enemy is dead.So,he is eligible for last rites.So perform last rites to Raavana.With this your fame would increase. With Raamaas permission,Vibheeshana prepared for the procedure.Ruthviks prepared sandal wood bed and covered it with the skin of a white deer.They set threthaagnulu.They mixed curd and ghee and kept in a vessel.They decorated the dead body of Raavana and kept it on this pyre.Vibheeshana burnt it chanting manthraas appropriate for the occasion.He bathed and gave udakadaanam to raavana and saluted it.He sent the ladies into the city and came and stood before Raama.

No comments:

Post a Comment