Thursday 5 May 2016

Mandodari laments Raavanaas death

After knowing about Raavanaas death,all the women in the palace came to the battle field to see their husband.They wept and few hugged his body.Few held his feet and wept.Few fainted.Few kept his head in their lap and wept.They remembered his greatness.All of them thought that if Raavana had heeded Vibheeshanaas advice,this stage would not have come. Mandodari is Raavanaas queen.She is the mother of Indrajith.She is the daughter of Mayudu.She was a great Pathivratha.She lamented in this fashion.Hey lord!even Indra was afraid of you.I am wondering how a mere mortal could kill you.I doubt very much that Raama is not a mortal.Way back,when Raama killed so many dmons in Janasdhaanam,then itself I knew that he was not a mortal.He could come to Lanka,where in even Deities could not enter.We were worried the day when Hanumantha entered Lanka and created so much havoc.Vaanaraas built a bidge on the sea.Is it possible for a mortal?Then itself I realised that he was above humans.Yama himself might have come in the form of Raama ,to kill you.Or,may be Indra might have come in this form.Oh!I am a fool.Can Indra and Yama defeat you in war?Definitely,he might have been Lord Vishnu with Sankham and Chakram.Vishnu has come in person to put an end to you. Earlier you had control over your senses and could defeat deities.But now you succumbed to physical pleasures and they got control over you and killed you.I told you many times not to develop enmity with Raama.did you hear?Unnecessarily,you desired Seetha and brought problem for all of us.It is such a sin to kidnap a great pathivratha,Seetha.Because of that only you were burned to ashes.You should have burnt o d eath the very moment you touched her.But at that time,good effect of your earlier penance helped you.Every one reaps the fruits of his doings,whether good or bad.Vibheeshana wasgood at heart.So,he is happy now.You did sins and they have showed their effect now.You were blind in your lust for Seetha.In reality,she is not as beautiful as me.For every one,there should be a reason to die.For you,it came in the form of Seetha.Seetha and Raama would be happy from now on wards.But,I should lead a life of widow.Riches are unpredictable.I never dreamed that I would become a widow one day.I was very proud at one time that I am the wife of Raavana,who defeated even Indra.But I have no more pride now.Your body is full of arrows.I am unable to hug you also properly.Can anyone really kill you?may be I am dreaming!No!it is not a dream.It is reality.The fact that I am still alive even after losing you proves that I have no emotions like a rock.I was half dead on the day of Indrajiths death.Now I am completely lost.Take me to yamapuri along with you.All your wives have discarded their veils and come here.Why are you not angry with them?Earlier you molested good women,killed their husbands and made them widows.Their curses made you die in the hands of a mortal.Tears of women never go waste.You claimed three universes with your valor.But you kidnapped a pathivratha like a small thief and proved your cowardice.Your valor has gone to dogs the day you kidnapped Seetha like a thief.Your fear was the signal of your down fall.Whatever you did,whether bad or good,you left this world.But how should I bear this tragedy and live?All this showdown resulted just because you would not hear the good advice given by Vubheeshana,Maareechudu,Kumbhakarnudu and my father. Weeping like this,Mandodari fainted over Raavanaas body.His other wives attended her.

No comments:

Post a Comment