Wednesday 11 May 2016

Raama hurts Seetha with his words

Raama addressed Seetha.Seetha!I won the war,defeated my enemy and proved my valor.The insult I felt when Unworthy demon kidnapped my wife and my enemy were erased at the same instant and I fulfilled my oath.The shame I felt which was caused by fate was cleared by me by my strength and determination.Hanumantha crossed the sea and burnt Lanka.He had done many great acts.Sugreeva and Vibheeshana helped me a lot.All their help bore fruit now.Seetha was astonished to hear these harsh words from Raama.She wept uncontrollably.Seeing her weep made Raama angrier still.He was still more harsh. seetha! Realize the fact that I did not fight for you.I did all this to restore my reputation and my respect of our clan.That is all!I am doubting your character.Just as a person with troubled eyes is hurt by bright lights,I am doubting your character.Simile is appropriate here because the problem is in perception of Raama but not Seetha.If you can not see bright light,problem is with your eyes but not with the lights. Seetha!I do not want you!You can go wherever you want to go,I am giving you permission.No person from established and renouned family background would accept a woman,who has stayed in another mans house for long.You came down from his lap.Characterless Raavana might have looked at you with desire and lust.How can I,who was born in a great dynasty,accept you?Seetha!I am not interested in you.You can go wherever you feel like going.I have thought about this aspect a lot and then only came to this conclusion.That is why I am advising like this.You can stay at Lakshmana,Bharathudu,Sugreevudu or Vibheeshanudu.That is your choice.You are so beautiful.Would Raavana have been not tempted by your nearness?you were in his place andwithin his reach. Seetha was shocked to hear these words.She was devastated by the way,he was accusing her celibacy.He was hurling abuses,one after another before so many people.He was humiliating her by his low opinion about her character.She shrinked and shriveled by shame.She was weeping.She cleansed her face with her veil and talked in low and sad voice.Hey warrior!why are you talking like an ordinary man to an ordinary woman?The words you uttered should never have been said by you.I should never have heard those words from you. I am not tainted.I am taking oath on my character and telling you this.May be there might have been women like as you said.By just one or two incidents,you can not blame entire womanhood.Is it appropriate?You need not have any doubts about my character.Raavana touched me when I was unconscious.It is not my mistake.It is the mistake of fate.My heart,on which I have full control,is always with you.When I was unconscious,my body was not in my control.What could I do?How can I be blamed for it?We have been together for a long time.Even after that,if you fail to read and assess my character correctly,what is there to hope for me?It is as good as if I am killed.If you sent this message that you want to disown me through Hanumantha,I would have died then itself.You and your friends might have been relieved of this meaningless procedure and delay.Out of anger,you talked like a cheap,mannerless man.Though I have been recognised as daughter of Janaka,in reality I was born from Earth,Ayonija.I am not ordinary.I was not born from mothers womb.You never considered my birth,my character,your love towards me and my respect and adoration towards you before speaking.You hurled so many abuses against me.You married me at a tender age and solemnly took oath before Agni.Where have all those words of cOmmitment gone? Seetha addressed Lakshmana.Lakshmanaa!prepare funeral pyre.That is the only medicine for my grief.I do not like to live amidst all these accusations.In view of such great congregation,my husband accused me unnecessarily and declared his disinterest in me and left me for my fate.I have no other option but to die in fire. See how cunning is Raama.He never mentioned Agnipravesam to Seetha,but made her resort to take that ultimate step.When Seetha accused Lakshmana of bad intentions in Panchavati,Lakshmana said in anger,You should be burnt alive!May be that is becoming reality now.Because Lakshmana mhimself is preparing funeral pyre.He lokied at Raamaas face after Seethaas declaration that she would burn herself.He understood that Raamaas consent was there and that was what he was asking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment