Wednesday 13 April 2016

Raavanaas war with Raama

Raavana got up from the ground after fainting for some time.He took his bow and was ready to war.Vaanara army was frightened and ran afar .Sree Raama started to go to fight with Raavana.Hanumantha told him to sit on his shoulder and fight with Raavana.It would then resemble as if Vishnu alighted on Garuthmantha.Sree Raama sat on Hanumanthaas back.Raama fine tuned his bow and called Raavana.hey Raavana!stop ther!After doing so much damage to me,you can not escape from my arrows so easily.I killed fourteen thousand demons on your home land with my arrows.Remember that fact.Raavana got angry with these words and he hurt Hanumantha by releasing arrows on him.Hanumanthas aura increased instead of deteriorating even after he was attacked by Raavana.Raama lost his temper and broke Raavanaas chariot wheels,horses,flag post,umbrella and charioteer.He released thunder bolt like arrows on to Raavanaas chest.Raavana. Who did not waver even when thunder struck him,Indraas vajraayudham struck him,wavered and let his bow fall to the ground.Raama released half moon shaped arrow and broke Raavanaas crown.Raavana looked like a serpent devoid of poison,fire without flames,sun without light,and immobile body.Seeing Raavana in such a pitiable condition,Raama addressed him. Raavana!you killed many warriors.Now you are tired and wounded.So,I am not killing you now and sending you to hell.I am giving you permission.Go back to your city,take ample rest,alight a new chariot and possess new bow and arrows and come back to war afterwards.Then I would attack you with my arrows. now you can leave the battle field.Who else can relieve the enemy without killing,except Raama?Raavana was ashamed to hear these words of Raama.He silently went into the city.It would have been better if Raama had killed Raavana instead of showing mercy on him.Deities and sages applauded the way Raavana was belittled in Raamaas hands.Raavanaas pride took low level.He was afraid of Raamaas arrows.He remembered the words of Maareecha.Raavana reclined on his throne and vent his desolation with his colleagues. All my penance as one waste.I was ashamed in the hands of a mere mortal.Brahma told then itself that I would be afraid of humans.It was a very wrong mistake on my part not to ask protection from human beings too.Anaranyudu,grand father of Thrisankudu from Ikshvaaku dynasty cursed me that a man from his dynasty was sure to kill him and his relatives and sons one day.May be Raama is that man only.May be Seetha is none other than Vedavathi,who was abused by me earlier.Whatever curses were given by Umaadevi,Rambha,Nandeeswarudu and Varunakanyaka arebeing materialised now.So many sages have cursed me.Their words would never go wrong.hey demons!be alert and be active in protecting Lanka.Think of ways to put an end to the enemy.Wake up my brother,Kumbhakarna,who belittled deities and demons.It was nine days sincKumbhakarna fell asleep.Wake him up.If a person can not help me in times of need,what use is it even he is great fighter?So,wake him and bring him to me.He would kill Raama and Lakshmana in a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment