Saturday 4 January 2014

Rama performs last rites to Jataayuvu

Rama told Lakshmana with sorrow.Lakshmana!see!this king of Eagles tried to help me but lost his life in the process.He left his kingdom and lost his life for my cause.Sages and righteous people valiant people are found even in wild animals and birds to me.Jataayuvu dedicated his life to me.The sorrow I am feeling for the loss of Jataayuvu is more than I am feeling for the loss of Seetha.Jataayuvu is to be respected like father by us. Lakshmana!bring wood and prepare for the last rites of Jataayuvu.We would create fire by friction and we would burn his dead body to ashes.He ,the,turned towards the dead body of Jataayuvu and told these words. Jataayuvu!I give you permission. Your last rites would be fulfilled by me.You would go to heaven which could be achieved by great ahithaagnulu,great sages,and to those who donate land to the poor. Saying this,Rama performed Last rites properly and with devotion. He crumbled with desperation.He brought an animal and killed it. He performed pinda pradaanam .He recited Vedamanthras and sent Jataayuvu to heaven.Then,Rama and Lakshmana went to river,Godavari and bathed there and performed jala tharpanam to Jataayuvu. Jataayuvu was a great soul,who fought and lost his life in war. He earned accolades by his superior act.He was lucky to have his last rites performed by Rama and went to Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment