Sunday 5 January 2014

Kabandha reveals his story

Kabandha remembered his earlier life.He also remembered what Indra had told him.He was happy that his curse was lifted off him. He started telling Rama his story. Oh Great men!I welcome you!I happen to see you purely because of my luck.Because of my earlier good deeds only,you cut off my shoulders.I will tell you the story ,how I got this grotesque body.Previously I had celestial body.My nature of making fun of others brought this curse to me.I used to frighten sages with this grotesque figure.One day I went to frighten a sage named Sdhoolasirudu.He got angry and cursed me that I retain and detain the same figure.I pleaded with him,when my curse would be lifted?Hr replied that when ever Rama comes and cuts off your shoulders and burn your body to ashes,then only your curse would be cancelled. Rama!I am from Danuvu dynasty.My fathers name is Sree.I have another curse given by Indra.I did great penance and obtained a boon FROM BRAHMA that I have long life. I was proud that I had this boon. So,I thought even Indra can do me no harm. So,I went to war against him.He used his Vajraayudham to attack me. With its effect,my head,mu thighs shrunk into my entire body .I felt averse to live with such a body and requested Indra to kill me.Then ,Indra told that since Brahma gave me boon of long life,I could not be killed.So,he had to live like that only.I pleaded him that how I could live without even a mouth.How can I take food,I lamented.Then Indra gave me long shouldres and hands and created this big mouth with canine teeth. I came to this forest.I attract wild animals like lions,elephants,tigers,and other animals and eat them.From that I am waiting for your arrival.So,you are that Rama for whom I was waiting all along.May good happen to you.No one can kill me,except you.Please do last rites to me after putting me to fire and cremation.I would show a good friend .

No comments:

Post a Comment