Tuesday 8 March 2016

Raavana discusses war strategies with ministers

Raavana talked to ministers in irritating manner.Ministers!I have heard all your words relating to how Raama crossed the sea,his strength,army size of the vaanaraas and how you praised them.I also observed that you are all worried and looking each others faces.Maalyavanthudu,Raavanaas maternal uncle,addressed Raavana.Raavanaa!in warfare,there is a rule.If we are weak,we should try for truce.We have to go for war only when we are strong.At this time,it os better to make truce with Raama.We can try for truce by handing over Seetha,sole cause of this war,to Raama.Raavanaa!deities and sages are wishing Raamaas victory.Wrongs which you are doing are on the rise.So,we are deteriorating day by day.You harmed sages.They are attacking demons by the power of chanting vedas.Smoke that is releasing due to rituals,Homam,is capturing the halo and aura of demons.Penance of Sages is making demons tense and dried up.The boon which you received from Brahma doesnot cover Vaanaraas and Human beings.Bad omens are being visible and directing towards destruction on large scale.Please hear my words.You assess both gain and loss before taking your next step. Raavana lost his temper and angrily replied him.He knit his brows and saidscathingly.It seems you joined the enemy camp and advising wrongly in the guise of helping me.You are praising a simpleton who came with mere monkeys to battle with me.You are humiliating me.I do not know whether you are talking like this out of jealousy,partiality or by enemys goading.Raama can not defeat me.May be you are afraid because he built the bridge over the sea.It is not a very great task.There is nothing to fear about that.Raama has crossed the sea but he can never return back alive.I am not afraid of Raama.I would never release Seetha whom I brought from my land?I prefer to be broken into two pieces rather than bend before some one.That is my weakness.No one can encompass that nature of mine.Maalyavanthudufelt ashamed and left the assembly in humility. Raavana discussed with his ministers regarding protection of Lanka and made all the arrangements.He kept Prahasthudu in Eastern gate,Mahodara,Mahaapaarsvulu in the southern door,Indrajith near western gate,Suka and Saaranana at northern gate and decided to stay himself at northern gate.He appointed Viroopaaksha in the centre.Giving these directions,he felt successful of making all the arrangements and left the assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment