Tuesday 1 March 2016

Raavan sends Sukudu to Sugreeva

Sugreeva enquired Vibheeshana regarding means to cross the sea.Vibheeshana simply replied that Raama has to request Sea.Samudrudu,Sea,has improved or flourished because of Ikshvaaku dynasty.So,he would definitely help Raama.Sugreeva told this fact to Raama and Lakshmana.RAama also considered this and asked about their opinion.Sugreeva also agreed to Vibheeshanaas suggestion.Without constructing a bridge crossing the sea and reaching Lanka are impossible.Even deities can not do it.So,it would be better to pray Sea God immediately.Sree Raama immediately went near the sea shore and slept on the darbhasayanam. In Lanka,Raavana was in his assembly hall. he was hearing to the words of demon,Saardooludu,who observed Raama and the vaanara army residing on the sea shore and went to him to tell the fact.Saardooludu started telling.Hey Lord!Ruksha vaanara armies are coming towards Lanka.Its army is huge like a sea.Any side you see,it is more than ten yojanaas long and is fearful to see.It is better to send our agents and assess their strength and put into use,our saama,daana,bhedopaayam. Hearing these words,Raavana called his aide,Sukudu and told him.Sukudaa!you go to Sugreeva and tell him as my words.Sugreeva!you are born in a great family.We are like brothers.The thing I did would neither cause you harm nor benefit you.I kidnapped Raamaas wife.Why should you feel sorry for it?Vaanaraas can not enter Lanka.The thing which is unimaginable even to deities and Gandharvaas,can simple vaanaraas get through?Go back to Kishkindha happily! Sukudu took the form of a bird and flew in the sky and reached the place where Sugreevas army was camping.He stood in the sky and repeated Raavanaas words to Sugreeva.Vaanaraas dragged him down and beat him.Sukudu approached Raama and pleaded him.Lord!I am an agent of Ravana.You know that it is not right to kill the agent.These vaanaraas are beating me to death.If an agent does not deliver his kings message correctly but adds his words or alters the message should be punished.But I repeated only what my king had told me to pass it on to Sugreeva. so I am not liable to be killed.It would be wrong on your part if you kill me.hey Lord!stop these vaanaraas from killing me! Raama admonished vaanaraas to stop beating Sukudu.Sukudu immediately flew into sky and enquired Sugreeva as what his reply was. Sugreeva gave his reply.Raavanaa!there was never any friendship between you and me.I have never received any help from in the past.You are an enemy to my friend,Raama.You are a friend to my foe,Vaali.You are to be killed ,like Vaali.Shortly,I am going to kill you and your men and devastate Lanka.Wherever you fo,Raamaas arrow would not leave you.You kidnapped Seetha,when Raama and Lakshmana were not present"So,Raama would definitely kill you. In the mean time,Angada told Sugreeva that Sukudu was not an agent but a spy.He was assessing the army strength.So,he should not be sent to Lanka.Hearing these words,Sugreeva directed vaanaraas to capture him and so Sukudu was in their captivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment