Sunday 23 March 2014

Rama explains motive behind his act to kill Vali

Rama started replying Vali. Vali! youv are unable to distinguish between righteousness and lust. Unnecessarily you are blaming me.If you do not know,you should have learnt about it from elders. But you failed to do so.You have talked to me without knowing much and learning much.This entire world consisting of men,animals,birds and trees belongs to Ikshvaakula dynasty.It is ruled by a righteous king ,named Bharatha.We are moving about to propagate righteousness.If a person deviates from right path,he should be punished.There is no short cut to it.As per the directions of our king,Bharatha,we are punishing the wrong people. Vali!you have crossed your limits.Younger brother is like your son.It is very difficult to understand the rules of right and wrong.It should be felt by ones aathma ie soul.It can not be explained.You are a monkey.From your childhood,you have moved amidst monkeys only.what can a blind man think if he is with another blind person? I will tell you the reason,why I have killed you.Just to appease your lust,you snatched your younger brothers wife,whom you should have treated as a daughter in law.It is the ultimate of the crimes one can do.I punished you for your this heinous act. One more thing!relationship between Sugreeva and me is like that I have between myself and Lakshmana.In addition to this, I promised Sugreeva that I would kill you.So,I had to fulfill my word given to my friend.So,either way ,My act of killing you is justified.If you care to think deep,you will understand me.Great people who laid rules of right and wrong professed that if a person gets punishment for his wrong deeds,they would be absolved of their sins,and can go to Swarga.But if a king does not punish that person,the king would have take the blame for those sins.So,keeping all these things in view,I had punished you for your wrong deeds.Bu this,both of us have benefited. I will tell you one more reason for my behaviour. Kings are know to lay traps for wild animals when they go for hunting and kill them from behind.Similarly I have hunted you and killed you.I need not fight with you. This itself is the war. Deities ,when born in this world ,become kings and rule the nation.maintain law and order.Protect righteousness.So,you can never blame kings. Vali understood his folly by hearing Ramas words. He pleaded with Rama ,for his unmindful and rash talk, for forgiveness.Rama!I neither care for myself nor Thara. But I am concerned about my one and only son,Angada. He would be depressed by my death. He is a small boy.You have take him under your protection.You shower him the same love towards Sugreeva and Angada,which you give to Bharatha and Lakshmana.See that Sugreeva does not humiliate Thara for my wrong deeds. Rama have him word that Sugreeva and he would treat Angada like a son.He need not worry aboutAngadas safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment